PENDLETON — South Madison Community School Corp. plans its kindergarten round-up for the 2018-19 school year from Tuesday, April 3, to Thursday, April 5.
Kindergarten is open to children who will be 5 by Aug. 1, 2018.
Roundups are set for 1 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 3, at East Elementary School; 1 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 4, at Pendleton Elementary School-Primary; and 1 to 6 p.m. Thursday, April 5, at Maple Ridge Elementary School.
Parents should attend a roundup with their children and bring the following:
• Children’s birth certificates
• Two proofs of residency in the school district, including a utility bill (electricity, gas, water or phone) and a purchase agreement (mortgage statement, rental agreement or third-party affidavit)
• Immunization record, doctor contact information and student medication information
• Emergency contact information
• Court records (custody, guardianship) and/or a copy of an individual education plan, if applicable
• Driver’s license or government photo ID for the parent/guardian
Out-of-district students must apply and be accepted for enrollment. Call 765-778-2152 for more details.
Blast-Off to Kindergarten, during which families will get to meet teachers, ride a school bus and watch the teachers demonstrate classroom activities to help prepare children for school, is scheduled for 6 to 7:30 p.m. at each school: Tuesday, April 10, at East; Wednesday, April 11, at Pendleton Elementary School-Primary; and Thursday, April 12, at Maple Ridge.
Registration begins at 5:45 p.m.