Bomb threat clears government center


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

 


Madison County - Work returned to normal Thursday, Nov. 15, at the Madison County Government Center following a written bomb threat on Wednesday afternoon.

“The letter was addressed to the Madison County Courthouse,” County Commissioner John Richwine said. “The person who wrote it indicated that several bombs had been planted around the building.”

Richwine, who was made aware of the letter around 2 p.m. Wednesday, said he and the other commissioners agreed the best thing to do was to call police and evacuate the building.

The building was cleared of all personnel while the building was swept.

“Unfortunately these things happen,” Richwine said. “You’ve got to take every threat seriously. We were lucky that this wasn’t the real deal.”

 

This story appears in the print edition of Times-Post. Subscribers can read the entire story online by signing in here or in our e-Edition by clicking here.

All content copyright ©2014 Pendleton Times-Post, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Times-Post • 126 W. State St. • Pendleton, IN 46064 • (765) 778-2324