A couple of months ago, I promised something big was coming to the library.
Well, it’s here!
Drum roll please — allow me to introduce PCL Mobile, a smartphone app, just for patrons of the Pendleton Community Public Library.
Search your app store for “PCL Mobile” to download the new app, then input your library card bar code.
Once downloaded, you can do all kinds of things in one convenient place. You can:
• Reserve a meeting or study room
• Check the events calendar and register for programs
• Interact with our social media
• Search the catalog, renew items and place holds
• Download, read, listen to and stream digital content
• Connect to databases for research and information
• Ask questions of our library staff.
We are so excited to offer our dedicated app to you. We think you’ll agree that it’s pretty slick.
I know that lots of you will really appreciate being able to use Libby, Hoopla and our catalog in one easy place.
Plus room reservations?
Oh my. You definitely want to check this out.
Download the app, and show it to us on your phone.
We’ll hand you a quick survey and award you a prize, while supplies last.
The 100th person to show us the app on their phone will receive a free Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet.
Lynn Hobbs is director of Pendleton Community Public Library.