INDIANA — Poetry Society of Indiana is accepting entries for its annual poetry contest.
This year’s contest features 27 categories, with prize money going to the top three placings in most of them , totaling more than $1,800.
The entry fee is $10 for PSI members and $15 for non-members.
The fee entitles a poet to enter any and all of the individual categories, but with the limitation of only one poem per category. The contest submission deadline is Sept. 1.
Winners will be announced during PSI’s annual Fall Rendezvous event Oct. 7-9.
Last year’s contest had 680 poems entered by 72 poets in 23 categories, and a total of $1,593 in prize money was awarded.
Details about the contest, including the downloadable brochure with complete rules and descriptions of all the categories, is available on the PSI website at poetrysocietyofindiana.org.
In addition to the discounted entry fee for the annual contest, benefits of membership in PSI include:
• Discounted fees for public PSI events and contests
• Automatic membership in the National Federation of State Poetry Societies
• Eligibility for member-only PSI and national competitions and events
• Discounted editing and production service for self-publishing via Amazon
• Free promotion of your books of poems
• Share short videos via the PSI YouTube channel
• Automatic email notification of upcoming events and contests
Membership in Poetry Society of Indiana costs $18 per year.
Information about becoming a member is available at the PSI website noted above.