PENDLETON — Pendleton Lions Club summer concert series in Falls Park came to a close recently with performances by Pendleton Heights High School Band Marching Arabians and Madison County Band Directors’ Jazz Band on Aug. 28.
Several other groups performed at the park gazebo during the series, including Rock Bottom Boys of Madison County bluegrass trio and Fall Creek Valley Community Band.
Several other events are scheduled in and around the park this week:
• ParkFest 2022, — Thursday, Sept. 8, at Barnhart Field in Falls Park. Gates open at 5:30; Family Fun Zone opens and DJ Jim Noggle — 6 p.m.; Stella Luna and the Satellites — 7 p.m. Tickets cost $15 for 11 and older; no charge for 10 an under. Proceeds benefit the park. Visit parkfest2022.com for more details.
• Pendleton Fall Festival — the Pendleton Business Associatino event is set for 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 9, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 10, downtown Pendleton. Event includes activities for all ages and vendors selling food and merchandise.
• Heritage Fair in Falls Park — the Friends of Falls Park event is set to run 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 9, and Saturday, Sept. 10, in Falls Park, near the Community Building. Includes arts, crafts and food vendors, and live music.
• Pendleton Indiana Farmer’s Market — the weekly market, managed by Friends of Falls Park, will operate under extended hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. It will be in the same location along Falls Park Drive. Some market vendors will have booths in the Heritage Fair that day instead.
• Art Show (hosted by Amy Turner/State Farm) — Developed through the South Madison Community Foundation, the show will include works by artists up age 21. Works will be on display in the shelter house next to the pond from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 10. For details on submitted a piece of art, contact Turner at 765-631-4016.
• Ninth Annual Friends of the Library Lucky Duck Race will take place at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 10, at the falls in Falls Park. The Finish Line Party will start at 1:30 p.m. behind the Community Building. Duck entries cost $5. Proceeds will benefit Pendleton Community Public Library.
• Spring Valley Quilt Guild will conduct its 41st annual “Quilts in the Park” Quilt show Sept. 8-11 at Pendleton Historical Museum in Falls Park. The public will be able to view quilts on display from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday; and from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Sunday. There’s a $5 entry charge. All proceeds benefit the museum.
For a full story on these events, visit ptlpnews.com.