Legion plans New Year’s Eve event
PENDLETON — American Legion Post 117, 611 W. State St., Pendleton, has the following events — open to members and non-members — planned.
• New Years Eve Band: “Blues Under Fire,” 9 p.m. Dec. 31
Other regular events include:
• All-you-can-eat wing night is scheduled for 5 to 8 p.m. on Thursdays, with all-you-can-eat wings costing $12.
• On Fridays, tenderloins are available starting at noon.. A Treasure Hunt drawing takes place at 7:30 p.m.
• Every Sunday is Football Sunday, starting at noon. People are invited to wear their team colors.
• The Legion’s general membership meeting is set for 6 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday each month.
For more details, call 765-778-7661.
Talks will explore county’s history
ANDERSON — Madison County Historical Society Inc. is presenting a series of “First Sunday” presentations covering the History of Madison County, set for 2 p.m. monthly in the Bowman Room at Museum of Madison County History, 11 W. 11th St., Anderson.
Madison County Historian Stephen T. Jackson delivers the presentations, which provide an overview of Madison County’s history through historical highlights of each township.
Presentations will run about an hour each and are free. The public is welcome.
The remaining talks are:
Jan. 8, 2023: Jackson Township (note date change to second Sunday)
Feb. 5: Union Township
March 5: Pipe Creek Township
April 2: Richland Township
May 7: Monroe Township
June 4: Lafayette Township
July 2: Van Buren Township
Aug. 6: Boone Township
Sept. 3: Duck Creek Township
Oct. 1: Stony Creek Township
Nov. 5: Madison County
For more details, call Madison County Historical Society at 765-683-0052.
For columns based on previous talks, visit ptlpnews.com.
To have your non-profit or free community event included in this calendar, email details to [email protected] The deadline to submit an item is noon Friday for publicatin the following Thursday.
Submit Community Calendar items to [email protected] The deadline to submit is noon on Fridays. For more details, call 765-778-2323, ext. 1.